Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beauty Products I've Been Loving


I imagine a lot of you Canadians have been waiting for the highly raved Wake Me Up collection as much as I have and let's be honest, it's about damn time. It's almost been a year since it's released in the Uk! I was this close to ordering it online and taking a whirl at guessing my shade but then a lovely friend messaged me and told me that she saw it at a Shopper's Drug Mart! Hallelujah! 

I obviously went as soon as I could to pick it up and whilst I was there I figured I could use some other "essentials." This was two months ago and I have now used them long enough to tell you about the reasons why I love them.


I remember my friend Janelle raving to me about Bio-Oil two years ago and I was laughing because she told me this was used for stretch marks while being pregnant (among its many other purposes). It was funny at the time because Janelle is by no means pregnant and she was using it on her face. I didn't know it served many purposes and after doing some research I found out one of the main things it can help with is dehydrated skin.

Thanks to the windy winter we've had, my eye area has been extremely sensitive so I've been using this at night to help moisturize. It's helped SO much! I even see less fine lines around my eyes where concealer and foundation used to build up in. I know the idea of putting an oil on your face doesn't appeal to everyone but it hasn't broken me out and it can actually help with acne scars!


I've also been loving these two new matte Kate Moss lipsticks in 110 and 109. I think they're very smooth for matte lipsticks and the colours are very opaque. 110 is a very vibrant orange-red and 109 is more of a coral (even if the image makes it come off a bit brown). 

I've been trying to get into the habit of wearing more lipsticks and I feel these are a perfect place to start for the spring and summer.


The long awaited Wake Me Up, I'm going to keep this review short as it has been on the market for quite some time now and all the UK beauty bloggers have already covered it. In regards to the Wake Me Up foundation, it has quickly replaced my old Maybelline FitMe foundation because of the thicker consistency that it offers and the nice pump applicator. It's also less dewy than the FitMe foundation but it still gives a nice natural glow.

***

 The concealer is great as well, good coverage, but not heavy. It might not be good for anyone with a lot of redness to cover up and I'm not very pleased with the shade selection. I picked this one as I thought it would be the best shade for me but it has a bit of a pink undertone which I don't really understand... on the other hand, it's easily blend-able and looks very natural! I still love this product, I may just have to try a different shade the next time.

Have any of you had the chance to try these products out?
Are any of you as happy as I am about Wake Me Up finally being in Canada?
 Let me know down below!

***

Till Next Time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment