Sunday, February 10, 2013

Broke But Creative | Vintage Picture Frame Wall DIY


Hello Everyone! 
For those of you Ryerson Fashion students that have been wondering, "what do I do with this random tub of glue?" I have a solution for you all! 

I recently got around to filling up all the picture frames on my wall and filmed a little DIY for it on my youtube channel. I wanted the images to look vintage and "worn out" so I found this really cool technique online using an Acrilex Matte Gel, aka. the glue in our kits that no one knew how to use. 

The great thing about this technique is that it's inexpensive and you can use it with a lot of different projects.


Supplies
1. A lot of old magazines - When looking for images keep in mind that everything you transfer will be flipped so no text!
2. Old Paintbrushes - Smooth, new and large paintbrushes would work best but the glue could also destroy them so stick to your old brushes.
3. Acrilex Matte Gel - I got this in my Uni Fashion kit so I'm not sure how much it costs. I'm sure you can find it in your local art supply store (close up image down below).
4. A Ruler
5. Scissors
6. Rubber Cement (optional - I used it for gluing down images in my collage)
7. Exacto Knife 
8. Sheets of Paper - I found that this technique works best with thicker paper; watercolour, and matte print photo paper work the best. You could use regular printing paper but you have to be very careful.
9. Frames (not pictured) - My picture frames were all purchased at the thrift shop and painted white to match.


For the full tutorial watch down below: 




I really love the way this Kate Moss image turned out, I had to touch it up with some black pencil crayon but I think it looks super grungy and antique.


Till Next time! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment